Sunday, April 17, 2011

Non-Toy Items

Hudson loves to play with things that are not really toys. And most likely, I should not allow him to play with many of the “non-toy items” that I do (we had to buy a new monitor, because I allowed him to plug and unplug our old monitor as much as he pleased), but I am a sucker for the things that make my kids happy. Johnny is no such sucker, and he is not pleased with the items that get broken due to my weakness. But his unhappiness cannot damper Hudson and I. Hudson just goes right along breaking things; and I continue to let him learn and explore.

Hudson is especially partial to things that plug in and things that make loud sounds. The other day he took our old monitor plug and played for a good twenty minutes plugging it into every outlet he could find—over and over again. Now, I am sure that this is not considered safe, but Hudson is really good at plugging and unplugging things—he does it on a daily basis. He then insisted on taking the cord with him while I shopped for groceries; and he cried when I tried to give him a nap without it. Forget stuffed animals; give my kid a cord to plug in.



But the absolute funniest “non-toy item” that Hudson plays with is the food processor. He loves this kitchen item, because it not only plugs in, but it also makes loud sounds. A definite win-win. He takes this gadget all around the house, plugs it in, and watches it spin around and around. I laugh to myself as I hear it making noise in different rooms. And the other day he even took it with him when we went to pick Elle up from school. He held it tightly in his hands in the car, and then he continued to clutch it tightly as we went inside to get Elle. Very funny. I’m sure plenty of people were wondering what my son was doing with a food processor in his hands, and why his mother was letting him carry it. But I couldn’t answer their questions, because even I don’t know why.





Hudson has such a fun personality. I love seeing what “non-toy items” he plays with. I am usually always thoroughly entertained and amused.

1 comments:

Amy said...

This post just cracked me up! What a fun boy!