Sunday, July 17, 2011

The inquiring child

Elle’s curiosity made Johnny and I laugh hard the other day. And I felt that her inquiring sayings just had to be recorded.

The setting is the car. Johnny was driving (I was glad he was there to take part in our daughter’s ramblings).

Elle first asks, “Mommy, does Heavenly Father wear panties, or does he just wear a leaf?” (I’m thinking the leaf idea came from random Adam and Eve pictures. Just a guess.)

Not ten minutes later, she asks, “Mommy, do Indians wear panties or do they just wear a cloth?” (She had watched the movie, The Indian in the Cupboard, earlier that day.)

Obviously we have a very curious girl on our hands. I always wonder what she will ask or say next. But, in this case, I was glad she asked me these questions, and not anyone else.

0 comments: