Sunday, June 12, 2011

Face Paint

Elle asked me to paint her face today, and I was more than happy to oblige. But when I was finished turning her into a butterfly, she asked if she could then paint my face. I was quite reluctant, and not at all wanting her to do so. I just didn’t know how to break it to her that adults don’t have the same excitement or interest as kids do when it comes to being turned into giant butterflies. But, just like Hudson, I cannot resist her big, blue eyes; so I did exactly as she asked. I sat very still and obedient as she smeared paint all over my face. And after, when it took me three washings to get the paint off my face, I have come to the realization that I have got to learn to close my eyes. Maybe then I won’t be so compelled to do whatever my children want.

0 comments: