Monday, May 2, 2011

Yearly Stats

I was able to get Elle into the doctor to get her yearly stats (always fun to see how she has grown), and to receive three detestable shots (never fun to receive). I had worked to prep Elle for the hateful shots, but even with my preparatory work, the shots were as odious as ever. Elle cried/screamed, and I was left to lament the fact that I have this willingly done to my children. I know it is done for good reason, but it does not make me in any way feel better about having them done. But thankfully, with a sucker, sticker and ice cream cone, the horrendous shots became bearable. But Elle did struggle walking for a day (they had to give Elle all three shots in her legs, because she is too skinny to do them in her arms); and for a busy girl like her, this was simply tragic. However, tragedy aside, Elle’s visit to the doctor was good. We got her yearly stats, and she passed every required test—hearing and eyesight. She is a healthy and wonderful little girl.

Elle’s growth percentiles for the age of 5 are:

Weight: 34 lbs (10%)
Height: 39 3/4” (10%)

She is doing really well, and she is holding strong in the 10 percentile. Way to be consistent Elle.

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

A petite girl just like her mama. I think Halli weighs just under what Elle does-hahaha.
How have you guys been doing? I haven't checked your blog in forever, but it looks like you guys have been having fun. Hudson is so big. Can you believe our kids are going to be in kindergarten next year? I don't know if I can let Carson go. I know I'll cry! He is so big. Hope you are all well!

Ashley Bankhead said...

I am going to cry when Elle goes to school, too. I've been in denial for quite some time. I'm pretty sure I cannot really have a child that old. Time goes so quickly.

We miss you guys alot. It has been so long since we have seen you. Someday we have to meet up. We need to catch up.

Harris Family said...

Do you guys have half day kindergarten? I wish they did here...I think that is my biggest problem. I could cope with him going for a half day for the first year! We do need to meet up someday...and catch up soon! Do you have any interest in going to Disney World next summer??? I really want to go-it would be sweet to go together!

Ashley Bankhead said...

We have half-day, and it is only four days a week. In that respect I am very happy. We also got her into a really good charter school, so I am very pleased. I just don't really want her to go. I just want her to stay my little girl. But alas, she has to grow up.

I would love to go to Disney World! That sounds like so much fun. I will discuss it with Johnny. Maybe.