Sunday, December 18, 2011

This Week...

I finished what seemed to be the never ending tree skirt. I had this great idea to DIY my very ugly tree skirt. However, when I started the project, I had no idea how much time and energy it would actually take. I only have a few hours of precious “me time” at night, and I didn’t overly enjoy having it all taken up for the tree skirt. But, in the end, I loved the way it turned out, so it was completely worth every minute.



Elle read a book to Hudson. Elle is really picking up on her reading skills, which pleases Hudson, because now he has yet another person to read him his beloved Mickey Mouse book.



Elle had her last day of school before the Christmas break, and she helped me make these fun gifts for her teachers.



Elle received her very first report card. I was extremely pleased to find out how much Elle’s teacher enjoys having Elle in the classroom; and I was also pleased to find out that Elle exceeds her teacher’s expectations in every area. Good job Elle.

We had another full week of the advent calendar. We made Christmas trees from sparkly foam and pom poms (day 12); we had a Christmas movie night (day 13); we made snowballs out of grocery bags, and had a snowball fight (day 14); we got raspberry steamers and drove around in the car listening to Christmas music and looking at home owners festive Christmas lights (day 15); we went to Dakota’s work Christmas party and saw Santa; and we went to Monkey Bizness and saw Santa—we see this guy a lot during the holiday season (day 16); we viewed the lights at Temple Square, rode in a carriage, drank hot chocolate and went swimming at a hotel, plus lots of other fun and festive things (day 17); we swam some more and drove home from our Temple Square festivities (day 18).



It was a wonderful week.

0 comments: