Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So Sad

I cannot get an image of Elle out of my mind today. She was outside playing in the snow, when all of a sudden I heard her crying. I looked out the window and saw her slowly walking towards the house dragging her metal hoe. At first I wasn’t sure why she was dragging her hoe, but upon closer examination, I saw that it was stuck in her mouth. I immediately ran outside to get her, but by the time I reached her, she had pulled the hoe off her mouth. Her entire mouth was covered in blood, as was the hoe. At this point Elle was quite hysterical. I took her inside, wrapped her in my arms, and held a warm rag against her mouth. Luckily, there was no real damage, and she was over the incident quickly. But I still cannot get the image of her dragging that hoe across the snowy yard out of my mind. It breaks my heart.

1 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Oh that sucks. I am sorry hope Elle is feeling better.