Sunday, February 19, 2012

This Week...

We had a great Valentine’s Day. The kids got decked out in Valentine’s Day attire (hearts—what else?). Elle made valentines for all of her classmates. We had whole wheat heart pancakes (Johnny was not a fan of the whole wheat—he prefers the unhealthy alternative: Bisquick). Johnny gave me some great earrings that I picked out (I love picking out my own gifts). And since Johnny was at school or work or something or other, I spent the day with my sister-in-law, and went out to the Broadway production of The Lord of the Dance. It was a great show, and made Valentine’s Day so fun. And luckily, because Johnny was at school or work or something or other, I had two adorable little heart-attired children to be my valentines.





Hudson has found a new love for reading. Sometimes, when I don’t know where he has wandered off to, I can find him by his bookshelf, sitting in his beanbag, reading books. I love it.



We had a skiff of snow one morning, and Hudson lost no time in getting outside and licking every dirty surface that had an ounce of snow.



Hudson has found a new thing to dip his broccoli in: syrup. Or as he likes to call it, “Syrbup.” I asked him the other day what he would like to dip his broccoli in, and he replied, “Syrbup.” I told him that that was gross, and asked him again what he would like to dip his broccoli in. He just looked at me like I must not have heard him, and repeated, “Syrbup.” So I gave him some “syrbub,” and he went to town on that broccoli. This kid has some weird ideas on what he likes to dip his vegetables in. But I do not complain, because I love that he is now eating vegetables.

Hudson has learned how to chew gum. He has been asking for quite some time for “bum” as he likes to call it, but Johnny and I thought he was too young to have it (basically, we thought he would just swallow it). But after seeing his sad face when his sister, yet again, teased him with the fact that she had gum and he did not, I gave in. To my surprise, he only swallowed one piece, and now he totally has the hang of it. And I must say, gum is a great bribery. He will do all sorts of things he is usually stubborn about, all for a measly piece of “bum.”

We attended a campaign rally for Mitt Romney. It was so much fun, and a really neat event to attend. The kids found it a little boring, on account that we had to go early and wait a while; but in the end, with a little gum bribery, they had fun. Johnny and I are so glad we attended this event. It was worth all the waiting and bribery.



Hudson got his first bloody nose. He had a chair fall and land on his face. I felt so bad, but he hardly cried. He is one tough boy. Tears are not for him.



It was a great week.

1 comments:

Kati Howard said...

That little Hudson just makes me laugh. That is my life with two, soon to be three, boys. Boys are weird, messy, and always finding ways to get into trouble. But then, they have those sweet moments and you just can't help, but ignore the fact that they are so "unique". :)