Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Week...

Elle decided to put as much of her personal items in her bed as she possibly could. I don’t know how she sleeps in there with all those things. I, of course, had to remove all of it. Such a pleasant nighttime task.



And then I had to take a picture of Hudson, because he looked so cute sleeping in his bed with his dog.



Elle learned about the Chinese dragon in school (they are learning about traditions around the world), and so she just had to come home and create her own dragon costume. (A costume enthusiast is always on the lookout for the next great costume.) I did my best to aid her in her costume quest, and in the end, I think we did a pretty good job. She was pleased with the outcome of our costume endeavors. But as with all of her costumes and art projects, she only likes them for the purpose of making them. And once they are finished, they become history—never to be worn or looked at again.



Hudson decided to try on a few of Elle’s castaway costumes. He found this lion costume to be just the thing for him. He loved it, and went around growling at everyone.




I decided to also post a picture of Elle wearing this costume (in 2009), because I thought the comparisons of the two of them in the same costume were pretty cute.



Elle decided she wanted to make her purple plastic bin fly. Since that is a definite impossibility, I did the next best thing: I hung it from the swing set using a rope. Elle thought it was marvelous. She even told me it was just like she was flying. Thank goodness. If she hadn’t been satisfied with my makeshift idea, I’m not sure what else I would have done.



Hudson found out how great it is to have sister away while Mommy is making brownies, because he did not have to share the brownie batter bowl at all. He also found out that brownie batter and boogers are a delicious combination.



I found a ladybug in the house, and Hudson loved having it crawl all over his hand. He was quite fascinated.



Elle found out the hard way that one should never lick a potato peeler. I never thought I would have to warn her of this. It just seemed so obvious. But I will for sure inform Hudson of this information when he gets older.



Hudson let Elle do his hair. Let’s just say she went a little crazy with the bows.



It was definitely an exciting and fun week.

2 comments:

Kati Howard said...

Your kids are a crack up, Ashley! Quincy does the same thing with piling up all his stuffed animals on his bed while he sleeps. I had to put a stop to it and we compromised by agreeing to let him have one or two at most. It's SUCH a pain to clean up the next morning!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

That last picture is definitely black mail worthy!!! :) And I think it is hilarious that Hudson let her. It is fun seeing your kids grow up even though we live far away from you. I am planning a trip to UT in April... would you have time/$$ to come down??