Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Week...

We went to an indoor soft playground. The kids loved this place. Although Hudson did get lost, and he couldn’t find me for a minute, which actually made him cry. It was sad, but it was kind of nice to know that he does in fact care where I am. He usually just wanders away without a concern in the world (kind of like he did at church today when neither Johnny nor I were looking). But after the “scary” incident, Elle was an exceptionally kind sister, and she stayed with him for the duration of our stay at the playground. Thanks Elle.



Elle and Hudson had so much fun playing and spending time together. Usually, during the morning, Elle is at school, so Hudson has to find and make his own mischief (like stabbing himself with a knife, running with scissors, and burning himself with a hot glue gun). But since Elle is on winter break, he gets to have Elle to help him make and find all kinds of mischief. It has been interesting to say the least. But they do play so well together, and they have so much fun. It pleases me immensely—even if they do cause a lot of mischief.



Elle has taken the notion into her head that nothing is too nice or new to be sacrificed for an art project. I do not like this notion at all, but Elle is not too concerned with what I do and don’t like. I was not in the least happy that she cut pieces out of the new storage box, that I got for her art papers, in order to make a fairy. And I was none too happy that she cut the fur from her jacket in order to make one of her stuffed animals into a dog. I do so love her imagination and her desire to create, but I do have my limits. And cutting up nice and useful things is definitely one of my limits. But Elle does not heed my advice, and continues to make art projects out of whatever she deems necessary. Fantastic.



But even with all the mischief and art projects, it was a splendid week.

Oh, and I failed to mention that Elle learned to whistle about three months ago. She was the first of her friends, and she couldn’t be prouder. Whistling was a skill she greatly desired to attain, and she was completely thrilled with herself when she actually acquired it.

I also failed to mention that Elle learned to tie her shoes about three weeks ago. She came to me one morning and told me she wanted to learn; so I got a shoe, showed her how and she gave it a try. It only took her about two tries, and she had it. I couldn’t believe how quickly and easily she learned. And now I find her newly acquired skill extremely helpful, because she can tie not only her own shoes, but Hudson’s as well. Very helpful indeed.

0 comments: