Sunday, November 15, 2009

Disney on Ice

I think I am crazy. No, scratch that, I know I am crazy. Yesterday, I, along with my mother and sister, took Elle and Hudson to Disney on Ice in Salt Lake City (we really went for Elle; Hudson was just along for the ride). It was an extremely long drive, but definitely well worth it. I had taken Elle to Disney on Ice last year in Oakland, and she absolutely loved it. I wanted to take her again this year, but they were not coming to Boise. I found that they were coming to Salt Lake City, and I thought if I went with my mom and sister it would not be too bad. Luckily, I was right; but before we left, I did have my reservations. I had bought the tickets—second row to be exact—when I was still pregnant with Hudson. I was thinking Hudson would just sleep through most of the drive and the show. I have no idea what I was thinking. One would think I would remember how terrible Elle slept as a baby. Still, dreams are free, and I guess I let myself think that I would have a child who would sleep through anything. Don’t get me wrong, Hudson is a wonderful baby, but he definitely does not sleep through everything. One week before the show, I put the tickets up on ebay, and hoped they would sell. I was thinking the whole idea was quite foolish. However, with encouragement from both Bridget and my mom, I took the tickets off ebay, and we made the trip to Salt Lake City. Crazily, we did it all in one day, but I will be the first to admit that we had a wonderful time. Both kids did great in the car, even though neither of them slept until 6:00 that night. Hudson did take catnaps, but never anything all that long. We also drove through snow the entire time, and Elle got a tummy ache from eating too much sugar (did you see the size of the cotton candy bag?). But, all in all, we had a wonderful time. The show was fun, and the memories were even better.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

I almost took Ella to see that show! Now I wish I would have, it looks really cute and like you had a really good time! Next year...