Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Goodbye Squeezes

We have always had a very hard time getting Elle to sleep in her own room. She has always had some major fears that went along with her sleeping habits. At first it was the fear of her crib. Later it became the fear of the dark. And then it became the fear of her room in general. She used to tell us that there were squeezes in her closet. She couldn’t exactly tell me what they were, but to her they were very real. I tried everything to show her that there were no squeezes in her closet; but alas, every persuasion, idea, and trick failed me. In the end, Elle and the squeezes won—I let her have her crib mattress on the floor of our room. I guess our room was squeeze free. Thank goodness.

Letting her sleep on the floor of our room was always going to be for only a little while. However, that little while turned into a long while. I was too sick and tired with the pregnancy to fight her on it. I enjoyed getting a good nights rest. But, when we moved to Idaho, I decided that it was time for her to sleep in her own room. So, I got her a big girl mattress (no bed frame on account of her rolling off the bed) and tried to get her very excited about sleeping in her new room. I think my enthusiasm worked, because she slept all night in her room, and she didn’t even get up until I came to get her in the morning. She now sleeps in her room every night, and so far there have not been any fears associated with her new room. All I can say is: goodbye squeezes.

0 comments: