Sunday, May 3, 2009

Horseback Riding

While in Idaho, Elle had the chance to ride a horse for the very first time. She has had the chance to ride ponies before, but this was the first time she had ridden a horse. She talked and talked about how excited she was to ride one prior to the first riding, but I must admit, I had my doubts. I knew she loved animals, but I wasn’t sure how much or how long she would actually like riding a horse. However, much to my amazement, when she was put in the saddle, there was no fear or hesitation. She immediately loved riding, and even rode all by herself. She just held on to the reins and the saddle horn, and rode the horse all over the corral by herself. I was quite amazed and happy for her (this is the girl who does not like to go to nursery by herself, but riding a horse all alone, no problem). We ended up going two days to ride the horse, because Elle loved it so much. The only problem that came with her riding a horse, was when a hornet stung her on the cheek. This was quite a traumatic and hurtful experience; but even the hornet could not keep her from riding. In the words of Elle: "I want to ride it everywhere!"

0 comments: