Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Johnny

Yesterday was Johnny’s Birthday, and Elle and I had way too much fun celebrating it with him. We started the festivities out on Saturday, by taking Johnny out to dinner at Johnny Carinos (quite fitting with the name and all). We had some very delicious food, and of course, wonderful company. On his official birthday, Sunday, we had cake, ice-cream, and presents. Elle was very excited about all three. She even opened all of Johnny’s presents. She soon found out that Daddy doesn’t get very exciting presents for his birthday—at least according to her. After finishing all of the good birthday merriment, we hopped in the car and took a drive into Oakland to visit the temple and see all of the lights. Elle was enraptured with the various Christmas lights, and was constantly in awe of it all. This was manifested to us from the many exclamations of: “Oh my goodness; look at the Christmas lights;” and, “This is unbelievable!” Basically, she loved the spectacular Christmas light display. All in all it was a wonderful day celebrating Johnny’s birthday. He is a wonderful father and husband; Elle and I both feel very blessed to have him in our lives. Happy 28th Johnny!











5 comments:

Brittany said...

The temple looks so beautiful, I wish we could be there to see them!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Tell Johnny I say "Happy Birthday!"

Also you guys don't look like you've been married for 5 1/2 years. congrats on looking the same :)

Kati Howard said...

Happy Birthday Johnny. It sounds like you presented a perfect birthday Ashley, well done....

And I'm sure Quincy would be fascinated with the Christmas lights too. Very petty.

Kati Howard said...

**oops, I meant pretty

Lance and Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY B!! I love the temple lights Lance and I use to go every year since highschool. I miss it!