Friday, November 14, 2008

A Day at the Marina

Elle and I decided to take a trip down to the Martinez Marina today, and it turned out to be quite a splendid activity. The day couldn’t have been more beautiful, the water more pretty, or the birds more animated. Elle and I were instantly captivated by the splendor of the salt water, and enjoyed seeing it quite immensely. After viewing the water and boats for some time, we went back to the car to retrieve some snacks, and upon our return, we saw that a white heron had entered the water precisely where we had been sitting before. Elle and I were both equally excited to see a white heron up close, and so we sat and watched it trudge along through the water. I asked Elle what she would like to name the heron, and she looked thoughtfully at the bird, and replied, “Emily.” We continued to watch Emily, and we’re quite entertained when Emily proceeded to catch a fish in her mouth, and then swallow it. Elle and I were shocked and delighted at the same time. I had never seen anything like that up so close. And to my further surprise, Emily caught another fish right after the first, and swallowed it, too. It really was quite fascinating. Elle and I became quite taken with our new friend, Emily. What fun such a simple activity of viewing nature can be. It seems to bring some of the neatest delights at the cheapest of prices. A definite win win for both mother and daughter.







1 comments:

Brittany said...

You always have the best stories and activities! Poor Ella we are so boring compared to your fun trips!
I loved the blog about funny things Elle says too. Ella will say things totally similar and it always makes me laugh because I know that is what I must be saying!