Sunday, September 30, 2012

Still Catching Up

I still have a lot of catching up to do on this blog. I would like to say that I am all caught up, but that is not the case. I suppose it is good that I have so many things to blog about, but when I am so far behind, it is hard for me to see the good. But alas, here I am, still catching up.

The first exciting thing that we did in September was attend the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic. Elle and Hudson love watching all of the colorful hot air balloons launch into the sky. Attending this event has become an annual occurrence for us. We really enjoy it (everything that is, except the getting up way too early. That part is not so enjoyable). Elle and Hudson also got the opportunity to ride in a hot air balloon. They really liked this. And even though we had to wait in line forever, it was worth those few minutes that they got to float in the sky.




I’d also like to point out one of Hudson’s favorite new pastimes: eating the entire bottle of red sprinkles. And no he doesn’t ask nor tell me. He simply waits until I am not in the room, then climbs on top of the garbage and reaches to a high self on the pantry. Once he retrieves the sugary confection, he helps himself to the entire bottle. And to make me feel better, he simply says, “It’s okay Mommy. It’s yummy.”



In September, we also had the chance to go to the Idaho Discovery Center. It was a lot of fun. Elle and Hudson ran around like crazy, and discovered everything they could. But I think the highlight—like always—was the mini grocery store. Both of them loved pretending to shop and buy their groceries. They could have spent most, if not all, of their time in that one spot.



We also got to go to the Idaho Aquarium this month. Both kids loved this excursion. They loved petting the sharks and stingrays. They loved feeding the birds (well, a little; they did not love how the birds practically attacked them in order to get the food). They loved the octopus and seahorses. They loved the jellyfish. And they loved running around like crazy while their mom repeatedly asked them to stop.



And lastly, we snuck in a trip to the nature center. (Elle and Hudson love the owls.)



It has been a fun month so far. But unfortunately, I am still catching up.

0 comments: