Sunday, April 8, 2012

This Week...

We had tea parties on the cold, hard cement driveway.



We went on an egg hunt. The kids loved this. There were a lot of kids, but Elle and Hudson both ran fast and got plenty of eggs. But what impressed me the most was that at the end of the hunt, there was a little boy who did not get one egg. I heard the mother talking to the little boy, and I could not believe he wasn’t able to pick up one (there were so many eggs). After hearing this, I immediately asked Elle if she would give him one of hers. Elle, without an ounce of hesitation, reached in her bag and handed him one. I was so proud of her for sharing her hard-earned eggs. Later that night she even told me, “I should have given him six.” I thought that was a sweet comment. I am always grateful for opportunities to teach my children the value of kindness.



We also went to this free kid event, where Elle and Hudson got to play in jump houses and go on rides to their hearts content. “Hudson love it!” Hudson kept saying over and over. And Elle had a smile on her face the entire time.



The Easter Bunny came and visited us. The kids were ecstatic. They loved going on their egg hunts and finding their Easter baskets. Hudson actually participated this year, and did a pretty good job. We did hear a lot of, “Hudson can’t find it,” but with a little help from Johnny he did great.



We got all dressed up and went to church. I love getting the kids ready in their new Easter attire, and going and renewing our love and gratitude for our Savior Jesus Christ.



Elle and Hudson blew bubbles. Hudson's puffed-out cheeks were too cute not to capture.



Hudson spilt glitter. He is always so kind to take time out of his day to make an interesting mess for me to clean up. (It was impossible to get every fleck of glitter up; I will be finding glitter in that carpet for a while). And all Hudson could say was: “Choo-Choo love it!” Glad someone does.



It was a great week.

0 comments: