Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Matinee

Today, along with some friends, I took Elle to her first movie in the movie theater. We saw, Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything. The theater is showing matinees for a dollar during the summer, and I decided to give it a try and see if she liked it. I figured that with a dollar, we weren't out much. Elle is not much of a TV/movie watcher, so I wasn’t sure how long she would last. However, much to my amazement, she loved it, and watched the entire thing. Granted, it was a Veggie Tales movie, but I was still surprised to see her sit through the whole thing.

Needless to say, we are excited to take advantage of this air conditioned, fun summer activity, and we are planning to go to the movie theater next week.

3 comments:

The Duckers said...

That was the very first movie I r=tried to take my kids to. James wasn't much older than one though, and we ended up having to walk out. Glad you enjoyed it! ;o)

Lance and Becky said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Do it lots now before baby #2 is here. Do you guys have a name yet?

heidi nielsen said...

Hey, we saw that one last week, but $1 is a little steep for Albuquerque apparently because the summer kids movies here are free.