Monday, April 6, 2009

Safe and Sound

I think every parent has moments, with their children, when they think, how did that just happen? Today was one of those moments for me. Elle and I had been having a most enjoyable morning at the park, but when I said it was time to go, the unthinkable happened: she ran away and across the street. I think my heart stopped, and for a moment, I couldn’t move. When I could finally bring myself to take a step, I ran to find her safely on the other side of the street. Luckily, it was not a busy street, and no cars had been coming. Needless to say, we had a long talk about why we have to hold hands with Mommy or Daddy when we cross the street. We also had to take one of the items off of her reward chart. She was very sorry, and seemed to somewhat understand why it was a dangerous thing to run across the street. Hopefully we will not have another incident like this one. It sure makes me feel grateful that nothing happened, and that she is safe and sound sleeping upstairs in her room. Today was definitely “one of those moments” days.

1 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Well I am glad she didn't get hurt either. That is probably one of those things that every parent never wants to do: bury their own children. Anyway, I am glad she's safe and sound. Hopefully she remembers that lesson too!