Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Say A Little Prayer For You

The other day it seemed that I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. No matter what I tried or what I did, nothing seemed to work. I think most of my expectations for the day were not met. When I tried to fix one last thing before dinner, and it broke, I completely broke down (I’m sure the pregnancy hormones did not help). Elle saw me crying, and felt very sorry for me. She kept telling me everything was okay. She gave me hugs and kisses, and even wiped my tears. I tried to tell her that I was fine, I was just a little sad. She looked at me closely, got an excited expression, and said, “I know; I’ll say a prayer for you.” She then proceeded to fold her arms, close her eyes, and pray for me. She prayed for me to feel better, and that the thing that was broken would be fixed. I was so surprised and touched, and I truly did feel better from that moment on; and, when Johnny came home, he fixed the broken object. I am constantly amazed at the faith, love, and innocence of my daughter. Children truly are a gift from Heaven. Thank you Elle, for being you.

2 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

I love it when little kids try to console their parents. So cute. :) Glad she brightened your day!

Brittany said...

Elle is going to be a great big sister! It is so nice when the older child is so nurturing, it will be a great help to you!