Monday, March 9, 2009

One Year Older

Where does time go? And why is it going so fast? Today was my twenty-sixth birthday, and I have to say, I no longer enjoy keeping track of my age. As a child growing up, a birthday was such an exciting time. I looked forward to it; I counted down days; I was excited to be one year older. Now, it seems that a birthday only signifies how fast time goes. However, despite my pessimism for the quickness of time, I wouldn’t change one moment. I have enjoyed, learned, and grown in so many ways. I have gained, achieved, and acquired beyond my expectations. Although I am one year older, I am also one year more blessed. So, here is to birthdays and the passage of time.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! If you think 26 is a little depressing wait until 28, its like I am already 30, which means I am old! But time really does go faster the older we get, I can't believe Elle will be 3 soon, it seems like just yesterday we had play dates with the girls and they were barely a year old!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Ashley!! I'm sorry I didn't know! I'm losing track of my birthdays now, but I actually think life is better at 30 than it is in your 20's. It felt that way for me anyway. :) You're so not old. I think age is what you make of it anyway! I hope you had a fun day!

Tiffani Harris said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I think the first photo of you is so funny-you look so happy :) Hope you had a great day, and a good year ahead!