Monday, June 9, 2008

Big Spider Mommy!

When Elle, Johnny, and I arrived in Monterey this weekend, the first thing we did was go down to the beach. It was night, and it was cold, so we mostly walked around on the sand, watched the water, and looked for treasures. Elle ran over to look at something, and I thought nothing of it. She soon ran over to me exclaiming, "Oooh, Mommy, look big Spider!" I looked in her hand, and she was holding a crab. At first I thought it was dead, but upon closer examination, I found that it was still alive. I screamed, "It's alive!" I then proceeded to beat it out of her hands with a shoe. The crab landed on the sand, pinching its claws at us. I have no idea how Elle did not get pinched, but she didn't. Thank goodness. And luckily, that was the only "Big Spider," of the trip.

0 comments: